And now our final Bridal Bash theme – Great Gatsby at the Hilton President! The Congress Ballroom at the Hilton President is a gorgeous 1920s era event space that is perfectly suited for a black and gold Great Gatsby theme. We decided to go classic 20s garden for the ceremony, with a custom made gold and black backdrop, topiary, gold chiavari chairs, violin music and neutral white flowers. But then for the reception portion, we went with a sensory explosion straight out of a Gatsby party in the Hamptons! Michael Lauren Weddings had the music pumping as the curtains were drawn back to reveal flappers from Melange Dance and Events dancing on platforms, a champagne bubble balloon backdrop, black and gold sequin tablecloths, and a gorgeous giant cake by Shannon Bond Cake Design.
To top it all off, our wonderful bride and groom learned an awesome choreographed dance routine as their entry into the reception that set the mood for an awesome dance party! Of the three separate ‘weddings’ happening that night as part of Bridal Bash, this one definitely was the biggest party. Emily Love, of Emily Love Events, did an awesome job making this highly choreographed evening flow just right!
This vendor team had some great talent on it, and included:
- Venue, Catering and Bar: Hilton President
- Coordination: Emily Love Events
- Floral Design: FineLine Floral Design
- Invitations and Graphic Design: YellowBrick Graphics
- Live Music: Uptown Violins
- DJ: Michael Lauren Weddings
- Dance Lessons and Swing Dancers: Melange Dance and Events
- Cake: Shannon Bond Cake Design
- Photography: Tim Davis Photography
- Videography: Free Spirit Production
- Gowns: Belle Vogue Bridal
- Tuxes: Tip Top Tux
- Hair and Makeup: White Carpet Bride
- Photobooth: Tap Snap Phototainment Wichita
- Draping: Landers’ Visions
This video by Free Spirit Production out of Wichita captures the entire evening, including some of the dancing, so well in this video!
That’s it for our recaps from this awesome event! We had such a great time helping dream up and implementing these three very different themes.
All photos by Tim Davis Photography
Featured Ultrapom rental items: